Our Congregation Logo summarizes our way of life and our consecration, as well as our particular task in the Church. In 1919, one of our Sisters was commissioned to express in painting our mission in the Church. After having been approved by Fr. Nicolas Blum, the SVD Superior General at the time, the new Logo was immediately professionally printed and was put in every document and publications of the Sisters.
Its meaning is still very relevant for us today and speaks loudly of our contribution to the Church’s mission. We quote our chronicle: “At Pentecost 1919, our emblem was approved by Fr. Superior General Nicolaus Blum. It consists of a monstrance in the form of a cross, standing on the globe, with a Holy Spirit Dove symbol above it. This symbol signifies the special devotion to the Holy Spirit cultivated in our Congregation, the monstrance signifies the perpetual adoration and the globe our worldwide mission.”
This is our life, our vocation; we are grateful to God for calling us to serve him in the Church in this way, and we pray: “May the heart of Jesus live in our hearts and in every heart,” and “God the Holy Spirit, all for love of you!” “May the darkness of sin and the night of unbelief vanish before the light of the Word and the Spirit of grace.”
The Lord in his goodness has sustained us and has blessed our existence in the Church. May he continue to bless our Congregation with many vocations so that we could continue the mission we have received from him through our Founder, St. Arnold Janssen and Co-foundress, Mother Mary Michael. We are also grateful to all the people who have supported and helped us in many ways possible, since the time of our foundation up to this moment. May God be their reward.